Monday, August 16, 2010

More Vacation...

My girls LOVED the fish - his squishy eyes, his cool guts as they were pulled out of its wee little body, his feathery tail. It was a proud moment...I was the family fish gutter in my youth, when we spent the summers at this same cabin. We would spend the day fishing, and then I would sit out on the porch and gut ALL the fish. I loved it...and then I didn't love it as much because it took forever, but I had to live up to my "family fish gutter" reputation. It was one of the few things I could claim that were a bit less "girly". My daughters enthusiasm made my dad laugh! Must be genetic!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

*shudder*

My grandpa always cleaned our fish when I was a kid. I don't know what I'd do if I had to clean them myself now (assuming I ever went fishing, which I don't). I think I'd become vegetarian.

Or, I'd bring them to you!